24 December 2009

Happy Holidays

First a big shout out and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and healthy NEW YOU NEW YEAR!!!

Here's a Picture of  our Christmas Tree.. I know that it looks like the fan is sitting on top of the tree (but it's not I had to take the pic from the second floor to get the whole tree in the photo)




Now on to the band saga.. I found the port and I don't think it is dislodged, I think I am loosing fat in my abdomen and it just feels lower.
I still have not called the surgeon (my life is too complicated right now) but I have determined that I am dehydrated.. my skin is dry, my lips are dry, my hair (well my hair is starting to come loose and is falling out).. this was my fear all along.. at this rate I will be Sinead O'Conner by the New Year.
I think this is all due to me not drinking the required amount of water, and not hitting my protein mark.. Today I think I did Ok (protein shake, FF yogurt and some chicken for lunch).. and I have had 3 bottles of water so far...
I really think I should start to journal this stuff.. maybe that will make a difference. 
I have not done any baking this year .. although that is probably a good thing, I do miss the activity and fun of being together with my daughter.. 

One last thought before I sign off for the year, it is about this time of the year that I start to think about my new year resolutions.. ha ha.. loosing weight is always one of them.. I guess I will just have to find something else like teach myself how to walk a runway like a Victoria's secret model or  how to write in San-script.. 


Have a great HOLIDAY

3 comments:

  1. Barbara, your home is lovely. The Tree is exquisite & the Decorations are beautiful. The Christmas presents are beautiful as well!!

    Have a fantastic Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, thank you for the nice comment on my blog.
    As for the hair, dry skin etc-- YES, you are no doubt dehydrated, you must get your water-- those are just the CLASSIC signs of dehydration.

    Also: get yourself some Biotin Lozenges, and some biotin shampoo-- I have been reading that those things help with the hair loss.

    Finally: get your protein in-- start aiming for 80 to 100 grams per day for at least 4 weeks!!

    You will feel much better and YES, I suggest journaling too. It is hard, but it will be worth it...
    Sorry about these physical annoyances/ ailments.

    OH: and please call your doctor too, I am not a doctor (though am a healthcare professional and have been in the field since 1994.)

    Cheers, happy new year and be well.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete