06 February 2010

Where I would Rather Be...

Today is Dream Day for me... 

I have designated it as my day to think about all of the other things, places, and activities I would rather be doing than shoveling snow.. so here it goes..

Where I want to be now

What I want to be doing at that place I want to be now


What I want to have to drink after I do what I want at the place that I want to be now



Followed by one of these after I have my drink at the place I want to be now.


 

But then... Reality bites me in the ass and I realize that this is what my day is really going to be like...As I read the news story... below..

 
 
Saturday, February 6, 2010
The morning snow reports are coming in, with totals in the immediate Philadelphia area and just to the south ranging from the ridiculous to the incredible.
As of 8 a.m., 17 inches was measured officially at Philadelphia International Airport, with fat flakes still flying. Elsewhere, from Philadelphia on south, totals ranged from 15 to 20 inches.
You may never see this again in a Philadelphia winter. The airport total is a milestone: Never in the history of official recordkeeping, which began in 1884, has Philadelphia has recorded two mega-snowfalls of 17-plus inches in the same season.
It looks like the bulk of the accumulating snow should end by noon, said Joe Miketta, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service office in Mount Holly, but the storm still has a shot at matching the 23.2 airport total of Dec. 19-20.
As forecast, the snow has run into a dry wall to the north, with only an inch or 2 in North Jersey. Meanwhile Delaware is weighing in with 20-plus totals, with blizzard conditions in some areas, Miketta said. Embedded in the general trend are widespread variations in accumulations from town to town, the result of bands of heavy snow that had a special pick on some places.
Otherwise, it will not be a particularly pleasant day for shoveling. It won't be as heavy, but snow is expected to persist into the afternoon, with temperatures in the 20s and a biting north wind 20 to 25 m.p.h.to blow snow back upon the walkway you just cleared.

6 comments:

  1. Given the snow conditions in your area, I suggest you keep on dreaming. Those beers look particularly tempting. Hope the carrots hold out until you can get out to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, Barbara, you poor dear. Be careful with your back and all that heavy snow. Would you believe we have not gotten a single flake yet in Connecticut? My sister in PA and brother in VA both got slammed; my brother was shoveling last night until midnight!

    Stay warm, and keep dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got 18" in Reading - you guys got hammered & what about Cape May County with 67,000+ without electric!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammmmn. My family has been sending me text pics from Maryland all day. Ugh. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh... my folks are in South Jersey... totally commiserate! We (only) got about 10 inches here in Richmond, but that is a HUGE amount and the 2nd snow in a week... crazy stuff! So much for Global Warming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! That's a lotta snow! You take care on those roads, Barbara. I wouldn't know how to handle myself with all the white stuff - it's something we don't have to cope with here in this part of Oz during the winter. Cold and rain is as good as it gets.
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my last post. You are such a doll.
    Be safe and see you soon.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete