11 December 2010

DAY 8...

Well I am back in onederland.. glad to be here.. but believe me..its not something that I will look back on with any great joy and smile.

So.. that would make it 7 lbs in 8 days... (don't be too impressed, that's a bunch of water and probably some muscle loss and maybe 2 lbs of fat).. You realize you really don't lose that much fat in a week if you don't eat enough calories and protein.. Basically the body feeds on itself.  I know happy thought there Barbara..

yes, yes.. I know .. I need to eat more protein.. its a bit challenging when you feel like puking your guts..
The band just snaps close..
So I have been doing allot of liquids, soups, protein drinks..
I know I can eat solids.. I tried some and they do go down (solid cheese and crackers).

Today I really exerted myself outside.. still chasing the leaves around the yard..raking, and  I pulled out a wreath and put it on the front door so the house does not appear to be anti- Happy Holidays..

Next weekend is my father in laws one year death anniversary (yeah last Christmas was just a big friggin bunch of fun too)..so I have my mother in law, sister in law and all coming to the house to go to an anniversary mass at our parish.. I am NOT in the mood for company.. but it would be good for my MIL to come here to see her son, after all he is not feeling well. (I could do a whole post just on this topic).

Anyway.. back to ME.. so.. I decided to set a mini goal for myself and shoot for 190 by the end of January.. that will give myself 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds.. I think I can do this.. ...

I would like to focus on getting 60 to 70 grams of protein in each day ... again important for ensuring that the WL is fat and NOT muscle..

See, I know all of this stuff.. I just need to take my own advice..

be well

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goal. My 6 month bandiversary is coming up and I'm way behind in where I thought I'd be right now with regards to weight loss. I'd like to lose 10 pounds by end of January too. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheering you on. Christmas really does suck in your family. I suggest for the visit you do a lot of take-out. You probably won't be able to eat any of it anyway so give yourself a break. Hope the visit goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on onederland...that warrants a celebrations no matter how many times.

    ReplyDelete