I don't know about you..
but when world disasters happen..
I get totally freaked out.
Because I feel its only a matter of time before one of this things happen in my back yard.
First, I am located right smack dab in between two target cities (NY and DC).. so if some nut job decides on another terror attack.. I figured I could be screwed I try not to think about it.. but I do.
911 was traumatic..my husbands office was a stone's throw away when that disaster happened.
I was in Boston that day, and my eldest daughter was away at college in the same area where the plane went down in central PA. That day we could not communicate to save our own lives.. cell phones were jammed.
It took me a long time to process that event.. there is a Garden of Reflection memorial near our town in rememberance of the 911 vicitms from our area (alot of NYC commuters live here).
So now we see this horrific Tsunami, the news channels are all abuzz about the fact that we should have a "Go BAG" ready in case of any kind of disaster. Ok here is the actual link that tells you...
what should be in your GO BAG
Ya know .. that's not what's gonna be in my GO BAG.
So I made my own list.
1. picture of my husband and kids
2. deodorant (sorry I am vain)
3. flashlight (yeah I get the creeps in the dark)
4. chocolate.. damn if I am going to die I am shoving as much as possible in my mouth
5. Nice pair of earrings.. I don't know.. wearing nice earrings always makes me feel good.
6. hand cream.. probably will do nothing for survival.. but stress always affects my hands
7. a change of under wear.. sorry I will probably have messed the ones I am running in and I am not hanging my cheeks in dirty panties.
8. a bottle of vodka (if it is really the end of the world) I don't want to feel it.
9. dental floss (yes vain again)
10. matches.. I don't know, some where I read you should have matches..
So that's it.. can you think of anything I might have missed.. I mean really missed..