26 June 2012

Half the year... gone!

It's so hard to believe that its the last week of June and half the year gone like that!!

I am now 4 weeks out from my TT.  I am healing amazingly well.  Even the doctor yesterday commented on how good my scar looked and that in a year it will be an incredibly thin line.
I still have a bit of swelling, but that is to be expected.

I have to say, for as nervous as I was, it wasn't that bad. I mean there was one week that drove me nuts ... but after that .. it got better real quick.

I had a great weekend... Friday night I had dinner with K, his daughter and her fiance.
Saturday was my mom's birthday and we took her and my dad out for dinner.

AND SUNDAY was my first time back on the bike since surgery.. Harley Day.. and we had a great time!

I have to say, there is something to say about just riding in the open country...and its amazing to find out who is riding out there!. .we stopped at one popular place for a bite to eat and parked the bike next to others.. and come to find that one was a CEO and the other a doctor (PS no less). what!!

I am really hoping to get some recent pictures up and do a  before and now compare shot.
I feel as though I am a completely different person now (well I guess that is true since half of me has had an overhaul).  But my point here is that I am experiencing things that I never have before and never dreamed or really even thought about.. its not good or bad.. just different. Although I still have a gaping hole in my heart.

That thought always brings me back to the realization that when you think you have it figured out, life is going to throw a curve ball at you and call you out.

Don't ever assume that you know what is for sure.. 'cause life just isn't like that.

So be good to yourself, we all want the weight off, but don't forget to LIVE LIFE.. it's the greatest gift you can have..

And life is about memories, NO ONE can take those away from you!

be well

Hugs
Barbara



7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing so well! I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the pic's....you are so inspiring!


    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks-- that is such a great reminder. I'm glad to be back and posting again!! xo
    PS: I am looking forward to see those pix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder! Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pics please! I need you as my inspiration! July 31 will be here before I know it and I've been on the Make Me Heal message boards way to much lately and it is scaring me! Were you on a pain pump?

    ReplyDelete