27 November 2012

Life Code



As I was getting ready for work today, I had the Today Show on in the background.
It's the usual blah blah blah.. stories about Food, War, gossip..
And then there was an appearance by Dr. Phil.

Now big disclaimer here.. I am not a fan of his.. but he started to speak about a new book he has written called Life Code..

I am not going to run out and buy it .. but the concept of the book (where you can read here) was discussed and it got me into some deep thinking (always a dangerous thing).

Dr. Phil writes about toxic people,  and believe me I know we all know some and there are plenty of books on the topic.. BUT...
It got me thinking about toxic behaviors.

What do I mean by that.. simply asked..

Why do some people get a kick by being "mean, nasty, rude and ignorant" ??

 I am not talking about strangers, I am talking about people you interact with daily or are related to or you socialize with..

It's Bizarre behavior.

I used to try to figure out why people act this way or why they hold onto this demeanor,  particularly when they are going to see you on more than one occasion.

My conclusion:
It is not worth the time of  day to try to figure out why people are the way they are.. all I know is that you control your emotions and behaviors.

In the end keep the negativity at bay..

I think that is where the Dr. Phil book is coming from.
Navigate the Nasty.. Live your own life..

That's good advice!



3 comments:

  1. I like your thinking. I used to drive myself nuts trying to figure out why someone would do what they do.

    But I remind myself of the Serenity Prayer.

    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.

    Great post!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! Great advice!

    ReplyDelete